Kentucky School for the Deaf is
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D
Tiffany N. Yeast
KDE Division of Resource Management
Kentucky School for the Deaf
303 South Second Street
Danville, KY 40423-0027
Please be informed of the current opening and posting for the position of Student Development Associate. Please share with those whom may be interested in this position. As indicated the posting for this position closes July 18, 2015. All interested applicants shall apply for this position using the following link: https://careers.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
Student Development Associate
The Kentucky Department of Education (KDE), Office of Next Generation Learners, Division of Learning Services, Kentucky School for the Deaf (KSD) in Danville, Kentucky (Boyle County) has an opening for a Student Development Associate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform beginning level duties in providing supervision and instruction to students at the Kentucky School for the Deaf; and perform other duties as required.
- Supervise students following the KSD student supervision policy. Supervision is active, vigilant and provides for the welfare and well-being of students under supervision.
- Maintain documentation of students’ locations and communicates across shifts.
- Works well with special needs students, keeping in mind that each student is an individual with individual needs.
- Work with students during study, homework and/or tutoring times.
- Organize and implement leisure time activities.
- Teach and model independent living skills, conflict resolution skills and participate in all programs related to student achievement and literacy.
- Maintain cleanliness and a home-like environment on a daily basis.
- Complete and maintain student records and reports.
- Attend ARC meetings and other student related meetings as needed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for student life area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate.
In addition to the previously described qualification, an employee in this job title must furnish to the agency’s appointing authority within twelve (12) months of appointment or entrance into this job title, documentation that he or she possesses the Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) rating of “Survival” level.
- Prior knowledge of the American Sign Language (ASL) is preferred.
Pay Grade: 8
Salary Schedule Range: $1658.16-$2,196.52**
***This is a full-time, eleven-month position that does not perform duties during July. The annual salary is based on eleven months; however it is calculated to be distributed throughout twelve months or 24 paychecks; therefore, the salary range for this position would be:
$1,519.98-$2,013.48 monthly / $18,239.76 -$24,161.72 annually
Please be advised per 101 KAR 2:034 and KDE’s internal policy concerning the salary of newly appointed state employees, the salary range that KDE will review and consider for this position prior to offering the position to the candidate is $1,519.98-$1,575.00. The salary for this classification for newly appointed state employees is non-negotiable.
This is a second-shift position.
Position #: 30025345
Applicants and employees in this classification may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check.
NOTE: BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE, applicants must complete an application via the Career Opportunities System (COS), meet the minimum requirements for the position, applicants must also self-nominate themselves via the Career Opportunities System to be considered for the position.
For further information concerning the application process, go to the following link: https://careers.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
Inquiries concerning this position should be directed to: Angela Smith, Division Resource Management, 500 Mero Street Frankfort, KY 40601. E-mail: Angela.Smith@education.ky.gov.
The closing date to apply for this position is July 18, 2015.