July 29, 2021
Kentucky School for the Blind and Kentucky School for the Deaf
Expectations to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
2021-2022 School Year
These requirements and recommendations are based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requirements and recommendations from the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH).
- Masking is required for all individuals while indoors.
- In accordance with CDC requirements, all staff and students must wear masks while on school buses or in school vehicles.
- All persons on the school campus must maintain social distancing of at least three feet to the extent possible.
- Students required to isolate or quarantine, as directed by the local health department, due to a positive COVID-19 test or exposure to COVID-19 will receive virtual instruction during the quarantine period.
- Staff will continue to teach and reinforce proper handwashing.
- Students and staff should stay home if they have a fever and/or any symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- New cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- Schools will continue enhanced cleaning efforts daily.
Parents will be provided the option to attend school meetings in-person on the school campus or through a virtual format; however, the option for in-person meetings could change based on updated COVID-19 data and the local health department’s recommendations.